A new mission, changes in underlying strategy, lack of differentiation, M&A—what are all the reasons a company might decide to rebrand? Plenty of consultants have tried to compile lists of reasons or “triggers” for a rebrand, even going so far as to create a list in infographic form.
We’ve reviewed over a dozen lists, blog posts, and articles looking for points of consensus and unique ideas. Here are some of the best lists we’ve found, in no particular order:
- “10 Reasons For Corporate Rebranding,” Branding Strategy Insider
- “6 Signs Your Company Needs to Rebrand,” Entrepreneur
- “Six Reasons Your Company May Need To Rebrand Itself,” Forbes
- “The Top 4 Reasons Why It’s Time to Rebrand Your Company,” Inc.
- “5 Reasons Why Companies Rebrand Their Business,” Litmus
This Best of the Web page may be updated periodically as we find new, relevant content. Please share any suggested additions in the comments section.