Subscribe to download your free copy:
A practical guide for branding professionals or anyone developing brand names, complete with a full, interactive naming brief template
How to Write a Naming Brief is the first "ebooklet" from How Brands Are Built, the blog and podcast where branding professionals get into the details of what they do—and more importantly, how they do it.
Based on interviews with naming experts (season one of the podcast) and host Rob Meyerson's experience as a professional namer, this interactive PDF includes the following:
- Why a naming brief is important and how it should be used
- An overview of the naming process
- Step-by-step instructions for creating a solid naming brief
- A list of what to include in the brief (both "mandatory" and optional content)
- A naming brief template you can fill in and print—straight from the PDF
Subscribe to download
The guide contains an overview of the naming process, steps for creating a solid naming brief, and a full, interactive naming brief template, which you or your clients can use for any naming project.
In addition to practical tools like the naming brief template, the guide provides useful advice and best practices.
The naming brief template is an interactive PDF with tool tips for each section. Type into the empty text boxes and select logos on the approach and construct diagram. When you're done, print out your completed naming brief.