Taking a look at the analytics and stats, I’ve compiled some lists of “top content of 2020”—i.e., most viewed or listened to. Unlike last year‘s, this year’s lists feature the content that received the most clicks or plays within 2020, irrespective of when it was created.
Of course, that means some of the most recent podcast episodes and articles—no matter how popular—will be excluded from the lists (e.g., podcast episodes from season four, which started on September 25). Maybe they’ll make it into a 2021 list!
Top 5 podcast episodes in 2020
A couple of season four episodes almost made the cut: Dava Guthmiller’s and Armin Vit’s. It’s cool to see these mini/special episodes in the top five, too. Maybe I’ll do more of those in the future—anything in particular you’d want to hear about?
- Season three wrap-up: How to build a brand experience
- Mini episode: David Aaker on game-changing subcategories
- Special episode: Rob on IG Live with Ilya of Studeo
- Denise Lee Yohn fuses brand, business, and culture
- Mini episode: Career advice
Top 5 articles in 2020
- “The Brand Identity Prism and how it works,” by Caileigh Lombard
- “David Aaker’s brand vision model and how it works” (parts one and two)
- “Every type of brand name in one simple chart”
- “What to include in a naming brief”
- “Marty Neumeier’s Brand Commitment Matrix and how it works”
Top 5 other blog posts in 2020
Some of the site’s most popular posts are definitions and lists, which aren’t really full articles.
- “Definition: What is brand experience?”
- “Definition: What are brand pillars?”
- “Useful List: Books about brand naming”
- “Definition: What is a descriptive brand name?”
- “Definition: What is a suggestive brand name?”
Have you checked out the How Brands Are Built glossary yet?
Looking forward to creating more content in 2021. What would you like to see more of? Leave me a note in the comments below.
Thanks, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!!
Rob Meyerson is a brand consultant, namer, and author of the upcoming book, Brand Naming: The Complete Guide to Creating a Name for Your Company, Product, or Service. He also runs Heirloom, an independent brand strategy and identity firm, and hosts the podcast How Brands Are Built.