Submit a post
How Brands Are Built accepts blog post submissions on topics directly or closely related to building brands, including (but not necessarily limited to) the following:
- Brand strategy and positioning, brand purpose, etc.
- Brand naming, naming systems, and nomenclature
- Brand architecture and portfolio strategy
- Brand messaging and/or brand voice
- Visual identity and logo design
- Package design
- Market research (if relevant to branding)
- Trademarks (if relevant to branding)
Ideal content for How Brands Are Built is instructive, including “how to”-style articles and straightforward explanations of strategies, tactics, tools, and underlying forces at work in branding. Posts are typically 400 to 1,200 words, but other lengths (within reason) and non-written content (e.g., videos) will also be considered. All submissions must be your original content. While we will consider content that will be or has already been published elsewhere, we strongly prefer content that is exclusively published on How Brands Are Built.
To submit a post, please fill out the form below, and we’ll be in touch if we think your post is a good fit for How Brands Are Built. Unfortunately, we cannot accept or reply to all submissions. If you do not hear from us within five business days, please assume we will not be able to use your content.
- Any sponsored posts will be clearly and conspicuously labeled as such.
- We reserve the right to reject anything we deem to be “spammy.”